I have some business items regarding Scout Camp. You all know the basics:
- Treasure Mountain
- "Spotted Elk" campsite
- July 23-28
- We are going to have a productive and very enjoyable week. You can count on that.
There is more information available in the right sidebar. Please consult it. Several other needful things follow:
|Darby Canyon Wind Cave|
- We need the dates of the days (and nights) when the Dads can be at camp. I would like to have three men at camp throughout the week. I will be there from Monday through Saturday. I think you'll enjoy being there for whatever time you can arrange.
- Dads, when you come to camp, please don't take over for the boys. They need to cook, wash dishes, and pitch tents. Our role as adults is to sit back and watch - and to help out minimally when help is requested. We need to restrain the impulse to take over for the boys - even if we think they are doing things all wrong.
- We are moving to a bring-your-own policy on plates, cups, and utensils. Please see that your Scout has an inexpensive set for camp. It doesn't have to be a matching set and it really doesn't need to be expensive. A mesh bag would be nice way to keep it all together.
- I propose the Darby Canyon Wind Cave as our hike destination this year. It's shorter and MUCH easier than Table Mountain. I need one more year to recover from last year. Please let me know what you think of that idea.
- We will have a Parents' Night June 26 at 7:10 (we'll find a room that night). We will have the 2nd-year Scouts provide information on what camp involves for our newest Scout and report on what they plan to accomplish this year. The Scouts will also favor us that night with a few patrol cheers and a troop song or two.
- Please bring two things to that meeting. (1) A completed and signed physical form. (2) A check for $45 made out to the 12th Ward with a donation form indicating that the $45 is for Scout camp. $45 may seem like a lot until you remember that the 12th Ward covers the remaining $145 of the $190 charge.
- Please note! Without the check we will assume that your Scout isn't coming to camp; without the health form we can't get him into camp.
I'll have further information as it comes up. For now, please take careful note of the items above.